Turning Opportunity into Results
The Watertown Redevelopment Authority (RDA) was established to:
- Develop urban renewal projects
- Encourage private/public reinvestment in under-utilized areas resulting in:
- New infill housing and commercial developments
- Job creation
- Expanded tax base
- Improved quality of life for the citizens of Watertown
Commercial Rehabilitative Revolving Loan Program designed to:
– Foster business growth and expansion
– Facilitate the development of high-quality upper-level residential units
– Update and preserve historic structures
– Increase the overall economic vitality of downtown Watertown
Goal: Serve as a catalyst for economic activity by bringing people to the downtown.
Mission: Provide a sense of place for building community.
Vision: Create a world-class, open-air gathering space for all people to enjoy.